Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Running Again

Well here I am again running with my wife's learn to run group. Well actuall I'm only running with them on Mondays cause I've graduated from that so I think I will run with the 5k groups for awhile on Wednesdays and Sundays. A friend of mine is suppose to join the learn to run group but he hasn't got his sorry ass out yet! If I can get my lazy fat ass out of bed on a Sunday morning I 'm sure he can. Wait a minute I'm suppose to be in retirement, why do I have to get out of bed on a Sunday morning, ohhhhh, do we have a tee time booked? Except my wife won't let me retire from running after my first 5k race was quite a personal success for me. Maybe I should have finished last then I would have had a good excuse to quit running. But then she would probably make me do the 5k learn to run all over again. I don't know if can handle that voice again "run", "walk" HAhahha, just kidding honey (slave driver).I'm kidding. Anyway I'm trying to do better times for my 5k races so I'll keep training I guess as my wife won't let me quit. She wants me to run 10k with that group cause alot of people from the first learn to run group are joining it. I don't know if I'm into that just yet, an hour of running when there is hockey playoffs around the corner, I don't know. Maybe one day.

One other thing, as we run right next door to Woody's taphouse how come no one wants to go for beer after running? Or are they really that serious about running? Hmmm enquiringly minds need to know as I know a cold beer is what I look forward to after a good run. That would explain why I can't get rid of my beer belly!

No comments: