Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wish I was back in california

I sure wish I was back In California! I t was so awesome down there and the 80+ temperature was amazing. But I think what I miss most is the racing itself. so many tracks down there, POmona, Bakersfield, Sonoma, ans some that used to be there that are gone now like Riverside. PLus there is Irwindale and others. I was quite surprised that there were people from all over the worls down there to watch the races. There was one couple from England even! Actually they won a prize at the NHRA membership hospitality tent on Sunday. And the the amount of people that we met who were from all over the States who travel to alot of NHRA events throughout the year. People from Boston, Seatle, Portland, Michigan. They all have seen alot of races over the years at different tracks. We have seen a fair share to (9 now) but 8 were at Seattle!. Anyway I just think it's cool that there are people doing what I want to do eventually and now that we are slowly starting to accomplish this feat, well with the wife's new job isn't hurting too much either, lol. Anyway we are looking at the possibility of Las Vegas next season and Seattle for sure cause is the site of our wedding and wil be our 10th anniversary, so I am told!
Oh and I guess the rumors we heard about Tommy Johnson Jr being fired aren't exactly true, but it sounds like he did lose the sponsor so he may not have a ride next season anyway. I guess Skoal is sponsoring Larry Dixon's T/F team in 2008.

No comments: