Wednesday, November 7, 2007

2007 NHRA finals Pomona

Our trip to Pomona
The flight home,

As we took the same path home as did when we left with a layover in Denver we had a long day ahead of us. But it was easier after I met some people on the plane who worked for NHRA and we had some good conversations. I tried to get a little inside scoops on some driver rumors we heard about and so my conversations confirmed some of the rumors. When we got to Denver one of the NHRA ladies told me that Super Stock Winner in Pomona Dan Fletcher was up ahead of us on the plane. We met up with him in Denver airport (actually he was behind us on the people mover thingy) and I congratulated him on his 50th win in Super Stock. That win was his 50th win in the same car for each of his 50 wins. That is awesome, with the same ol 69 Camaro for all 50 wins. So I got to chat with him for a few minutes shake his hand and then we went on our own ways and caught our 2nd plane and eventually arrived home around 5 pm. But what an awesome weekend! Have to go again soon.

No comments: